Thursday, November 17, 2011

ROL: Seek Inspiration.

ROL (Return on Life) is a weekly post. ROL is the life style enhancing metric similar to the business measurement ROI (Return on Investment). Just as ROI increases with incremental additional investment generating large gains, ROL is about small life change strategies that can provide significant increases in quality of life. Today's ROL is about seeking inspiration.
" I only write when I am inspired. Fortunately I am inspired at 9 o'clock every morning." - William Faulkner
I enjoy blogging. Sharing my thoughts is my pleasure. When I express my self so clearly that others find a reason to comment, I'm absolutely over the moon. Of course, since I've set two regular weekly features (ROL, Weekend Magazine) and now post five times a week my joy is equal parts trepidation. Many times I go to bed Sunday night unsure of where the Monday post is going. (Hopefully, it doesn't show in my writing). Still, I find a way to make it through the 5 posts a week (No picture lined up for Weekend Magazine, yet).

source: morgueFile
Even though I don't know any brain surgeons, composers or ditch diggers, I'll bet it's the same for brain surgeons, composers and ditch diggers. I do have dinner prep responsibilities 5 days a week and I can tell you I am not always inspired to deliver a meal at dinner time. Still five nights a week, there is something tasty, filling and nutritious (OK 2 of 3) served for dinner. Why? Because there isn't a better alternative.

Anything worth doing requires persistence and discipline. Many choose the inspiration/perspiration formula. I prefer to think that success is as much about attitude as it is about aptitude. No matter which metaphor you choose, it's easier to find your muse when you routinely search for a spark.

How do you find regular inspiration to produce whatever you need/want to produce? Or do you just wait for a moment that moves you?

No comments:

Post a Comment