Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Marching Through Wet Concrete. (Part 1)

The last week of July was amazing for productivity. I posted M-F that week and felt very good about each post. Since then it feels as though each step is being taken carrying a 150 pound backpack. I'm not sure why.

Lack of posts for for the 1st week of August were not for lack of ideas. I had something all sketched out to start the week. That supposed to be Monday post appeared as Thursday's ROL on Friday Morning. A "Buy American" chain email pushed what was supposed to be posted Monday back to Friday, but "Buy American" didn't get up until Tuesday.  I needed to post at least one Trust 30 (70 days into a 30 day challenge and I have yet to reach 30 posts) which was going to be Wednesday but finally got up on Thursday. Luckily that week ended.

I sat down Saturday morning to do some research on Richard Dent. Dent was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame Saturday. As a not yet future Hall of Famer, Dent lasted until the 8th round  of the 1983 draft and was Super Bowl MVP at the end of the 1985 season. Why was Dent overlooked in the entry draft? Dent was too light because of bad teeth. The Bears got him a dentist and the Bears got a Hall of Famer. The angle was about withholding judgement. Sometimes all it takes is something minor that will go unseen to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary. The post on Dent never got to draft stage. My cell phone rang on the main level of the house but I was in my lofftice. The area code on the missed call was from North Carolina. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like the message.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment