Friday, September 30, 2011

GUEST POST: Sometimes, You Just Need To Move On.

Guest Post by Stacy Harris.
When you hit the end of the road, when there is nothing left for you to do, will you embrace the journeys you have traveled or will you be the one shouting, “I wish I would have done more!”
Which Way Do I Turn?
The type of life you live and the type of person you become is completely up to you. You are the only one who can make the choice and you are the only one who can make the changes necessary to live the life you want to live. It is time to evaluate. Are you on the right path?

Recalibrating My Internal Compass.
It wasn’t long ago when I found myself waking up each day wondering if there was more. There was a sadness that completely encompassed me. I had to force myself to move, since I much preferred to do nothing at all. It got me thinking. Was this just a serious case of depression? Or was this just a lack of satisfaction in my life?
My life had taken many turns. I had lost friendships; I changed positions at work; my house was falling apart at the seams. I even felt like a burden to those who were supposed to love me most! None of these situations result in blooming amounts of happiness. 


Time For A Change ...
Out of nowhere was a beam of light. As a family, we decided to make a change. A change of scenery and a change of pace. We packed up all our belongings and moved out of state.
This was a chance to wipe the slate clean. Sure, you may think this is equivalent to running away from all your problems, but it really is a new start. A chance to make new memories and to go on new adventures.


... And It's Good!
As I sit here today, I am a happier person. Things are starting to go my way. I have a chance to stay home and raise my children. I have a new house that isn’t falling apart. I am taking the time to meet new people. It has been an eye-opening journey. One that was filled with a few hardships, a few great memories, and, in the long run, has taught me a lot about myself and the people around me.


It just goes to show, if something isn’t going the way you like, you just need to move on. After all, it is your life to live and when you come to the end of the road, it is you that must be happy with it. After all, it is your celebration! The rest will follow!



Stacy Harris is a wife and stay at home Mom to three in Riverside, Ca. Aside from her family, writing is a primary passion for Stacy. Stacy's nom de plume is barbergirl28 and you can find her work on HubPages and Xomba.












No comments:

Post a Comment