Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Have Them At Hello. It's A Must.

For those keeping a duh! file for blog posts, this is one for the file. Sometimes it's necessary to state the obvious. 
Triberr Works.
I have been privileged to be a member of the Passionate Parents Tribe on Triberr for a month. I've also started a tribe, Renaissance Roundtable. During the past month, pageviews are up 5 fold. Comments have increased practically infinitely. Blog subscription has doubled. I could not be happier. I would like to take this rare moment of satisfaction to share two key observations.
What's In A Name?
My posts are tweeted to over 70,000 tweeters. None of those tweeters are required to click on the link to my posts. The post title must prompt those reading the tweet to click and/or retweet the link. The post title my be on point, brief and creative. Title SEO is great but I'm concerned about those 70,000 "birds in my hand." Great content unseen is a waste.
You Look Mahhhvuhlus.
The blog itself must  be easy on the eyes. Posts should be simple to approach, using subtitles and images to shorten and vary the readers field of vision. A curious click will not lead to readership of a long, bland looking post. Great content unread is also a waste.

Triberr is a great tool. But a mighty tribe and a killer algorithm can't turn hash into a gourmet seven course meal. The rest is up to the blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminder of need to make blog look appealing. Pat Iyer www.avoidmedicalerrors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat,
    Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on a 2 month old post. I am truly flattered.

    ReplyDelete