Monday, December 26, 2011

The Last Week Of The Year.

Chirstmas is in the rear view mirror (except for those enjoying a day off because Christmas occurred on a weekend), Chanukah is down to the last candles and the Winter Solstice has left us all with a little more daylight each day. It's time to write down the game plan for 2012. But wait, what about Kwanzaa?
source: The Official Kwanzaa Website

Kwanzaa begins today and runs through New Years Day. Anything I know about Kwanzaa, I learned from Wikipedia, so please see the link for a brief summary of Kwanzaa. As I read about Kwanzaa, I realized that Kwanzaa is the perfect holiday for the last week of the year.

The foundation of Kwanzaa are the Seven Principles: unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, collective economics, purpose, creativity and faith. Kwanzaa was designed as a unique African-American holiday. For those of us that don't celebrate Kwanzaa, the Seven Principles are a perfect "check list" for meaningful New Year resolutions.

I'm an annual member of the eat less, eat better, exercise more resolutions club. The better fitness resolutions are great, but since I make them annually my success (lack of) at better fitness is obvious. This year, I'm going to look to Kwanzaa and try and make changes that will make 2012 a true watershed year.

Best wishes to all for a Joyous Kwanzaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment