Thursday, June 30, 2011

Emerson Trust 30 Challenge Prompt 11: Divine Idea.

The Ralph Waldo Emerson Trust 30 Challenge Prompt 11 is from Fabian Kruse.  The idea is to find areas in which I imitate others and instead to be me, new, unique. There are 30 prompts/days to this challenge. Not every challenge is going to ring like a bell. This is one that doesn't really resonate so my post may be less than it could be, none the less...

I have always had the tendency to watch others and judge their actions. "Joe, did this. How stupid can he be?" "Can you believe Jane is back together with her ex, again? Wouldn't she be better off banging her head with a hammer?"  Since I usually find willing conversation partners (often large groups of them) I know I didn't begin this trend.  Maybe it's time to end the trend of talking about and judging others.

I find I gain nothing from judging others. At best, it's like diet soda. It may do nothing bad, it certainly does nothing good for me and rarely quenches my thirst.  It's time to be more like water. Clear, transparent and seeking my own level.  Life sustaining and thirst quenching.  Time to stop judging and instead find my own path.

What about you? What do you think of  my divine idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment